Websites that provide information concerning Seniors and Senior living in Ontario:|
• www.ontarioseniors.ca Ontario Seniors Secretariat
• www.healthcouncilcanada.ca Health Council of Canada
• www.infoway-inforoute.ca Canada Health Infoway
• www.health.gov.on.ca Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
• www.myhospitalcare.ca Ontario Hospital Association Rating site
• www.ratemds.com National Doctor Rating site
...more details on some of these sites and a number of others are included, below:
- Advocacy Centre for the Elderly: - www.advocacycentreelderly.org ...Community-based legal clinic for low income senior citizens. ACE is managed by a volunteer board of directors at least half of whom are seniors. ACE is funded through Legal Aid Ontario and is the first legal clinic in Canada to specialize in the legal problems of seniors. (Tel: 416-598-2656)
- Canadian Health Network: - www.canadian-health-network.ca
...CHN is a national, bilingual web-based health information service. CHN's goal is to help Canadians find the information they're looking for on how to stay healthy and prevent disease. CHN does this through a unique collaboration - one of the most dynamic and comprehensive networks anywhere in the world. This network of health information providers includes the Public Health Agency of Canada, Health Canada and national and provincial/territorial non-profit organizations, as well as universities, hospitals, libraries and community organizations.
Government of Canada – Parliament of Canada (Members of Parliament etc.): - www.parl.gc.ca
Government of Ontario – Official Website: - www.gov.on.ca/
- Province of Ontario, Seniors Community Grant Program; - this program is specifically for Ontario seniors only and is sponsored by the Ontario Seniors’ Secretariat. The program is focused on encouraging initiatives and projects
in the non-profit sector that encourage greater social inclusion, volunteerism, education and community engagement for seniors across the province. Grants range from $500.00 - $8,000.00.
Go to http://www.seniors.gov.on.ca/en/srsorgs/scgp.php for more program details.
- Health Canada ...more health related information - click here or enter the following URL into your browser: www.hc-sc.gc.ca/english/
- Healthy Living Center - Senior Health: - www.mayoclinic.com ...A team of Web-publishing professionals and medical experts work side by side to produce this site. Through this unique collaboration, you have access to the experience and knowledge of the more than 2,000 physicians and scientists of Mayo Clinic. (-enter "Senior Health" in the search block on their home page.)
- Healthy Ontario: - www.healthyontario.com ...HealthyOntario.com features content provided by leading healthcare and medical experts, and from partnerships with not-for-profit organizations focused on health and wellness.
- Investor Protection site ...The Investor Education Fund provides objective information that helps you grow your financial know-how and protect your money. A non-profit organization, established by the Ontario Securities Commission, it acts as an investment industry watchdog.
- Programs and Services for Seniors (www.citizenship.gov.on.ca/seniors) offered through the Ontario Seniors Secretariat of the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration (Ontario). This includes information on Seniors Month; Senior Smart; Alzheimer Strategy; Retirement Homes; Elder Abuse; and Seniors Info. and Guide. You can also obtain a comprehensive guide by:
Calling 1-888-910-1999 ...just ask for your copy of the: "A Guide to Programs and Services for Seniors in Ontario".
- Programs and Services for Seniors ...the City of Mississauga offers many physical activities and leisure opportunities for older adults. Various program types and levels are offered to meet your specific health and activity requirements. Remember, the more you move, the better you feel!
- Power of Attorney information free power of attorney information.
- Region of Peel - Senior Link: - www.peelseniorlink.com ...offers a wide range of community-based services to assist older adults to live independently. Peel Senior Link, a non-profit charitable organization established in 1991, provides personal care & home-making services. Peel Senior Link maximizes independent living--helping seniors live with dignity, stability and safety. Peel Senior Link is funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, United Way of Peel, grants and personal and corporate donations. (Tel: 905-712-4413)
- Seniors.ca:- www.seniors.ca ...Find resources for seniors including federal assistance programs; health, legal and insurance information; consultations; news; entertainment; grandparenting; and more. Also find sites for elder law, magazines, and organizations for senior citizens.
- The Trillium Health Centre: - www.trilliumhealthcentre.org/health ...can provide you with/or suggest:
- access to an up-to-date collection of consumer health information, in the form of books, newsletters, brochures and videos;
- assistance in accessing the Internet to retrieve information. Our staff recommend sites after ensuring that they meet rigorous criteria of trustworthiness, reliability, accuracy, timeliness and lack of bias or special interest;
- access to a special Health and Wellness Database, which contains hundreds of articles from reputable health publications worldwide;
- a package of information on a particular topic, which can be mailed to your home, or collected from the Centre. Requests may be made in person, by phone, or by e-mail;
- local organizations or agencies, which may be able to provide further assistance and support;
- Provide a list of family doctors in the area who are currently accepting new patients;
- Provide a comprehensive Resource List categorized by health topic;
Going anywhere - need directions? Visit maps.google.com. This site offers maps and even a satellite view of the address for which you need directions.
Census 2006: Statistics Canada is
hiring staff for the 2006 census program. Full and Part-time jobs.
We are facing a new Election.
To find out what National Association of Federal Retirees plans to do, or what you can do please visit the following site:
https://www.federalretirees.ca/en/ New Information to be posted in the future!
- Visit www.royallepage.ca/realestate/info-and-advice/ to find useful information on maintaining your home or preparing it for sale.
- A lifetime of success ...fully defined!
- "How Canadians Govern Themselves" ...first published in 1980, explores Canada’s parliamentary system, from the decisions made by the Fathers of Confederation, to the daily work of parliamentarians in the Senate and House of Commons. Useful information on Canada’s constitution, the judicial system, and provincial and municipal powers is also gathered together in this one reference book.
- Online Grammar Guide - go to: http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~jlynch/Writing/a.html#a
- This has to STOP! ...submitted by anon.
...see our Branch description page for details.
Can't find it here? Search the web with Google:
...problem with this page? Please contact: email@example.com. Thank you!